Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 2 - Someone I've been close to the longest


<- okay maybe I am a bit of a speed demon (on @ Seadoo in the Okanagan)

The person whom I have been closest to the longest is my friend Marla Jean. Our mothers were friends from the time we were born, so we grew up together. Her house was a kilometer down the mountain from the pristine plateau our log house was built on. My mom taught her cartwheels, how to bake & clean and about Jesus Christ. We spent many pleasant summer days together, playing along the two gurgling streams on our acreage, raking the leaves off of the ground to create "floors" for our playhouses. I remember reclining on tree trunks that bent across the creeks, sharing what was going on in our homes & hearts. We used to play in the hayloft of our barn, or go horseback riding or bask in the sunshine on the hay bales... My dad would groan when she would break up the peace of the wilderness by yelling, a 1/2 a km away, a "haloooo Bonnie-Jean!"

In high school we chose different paths and friends.... I chose friends who were Christian girls, pursuing spiritual lives... but still Marla & I were close confidants. School girl friendships often wax and wane as you grow up, get married, and have children; but I have to say, that Marla and I are closer than ever. She has changed so much since high school. She pursues Christ and loves her family passionately! And we know that through the roller coaster that is life, although we are a province away, we are only a text or a phone call away! Always ready to support each other and share a prayer. Love you Mars Bar! :) From your Winding Road friend, Bonnie-Jean.

Proverbs 18:24
One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

1 comment:

Lollie said...

Aww, I hope she reads this! :)
So she can know how much she is loved!