Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 10 - Someone I do the craziest things with :)


Tina is an awesome friend to blow off steam with!!! When life gets monotonous & filled with repetitive, tedious chores, I know I can give her a call and we can have an exciting time together. Sometimes this might include hearing live blues music or some dancing, but then there are our EPIC road trips!! We have had many grand adventures, always replete with a soundtrack usually containing a few singable Bon Jovi songs!! One time we went hiking to waterfalls in Nordegg... we camped at the David Thompson Resort and enjoyed a hot tub with startling mountain views.

We went Whitewater rafting the Kickinghorse Pass from Ragged Ass Road to Golden BC together; I think that was actually the last time I went camping. I remember inflating the air mattress and then it wouldn't fit inside the door of our little tent :) Then we we decided to go enjoy the Beaverfoot Mountain Lodge Sauna... complete with a glacier water cold pool to cool off in... and a few uninvited guests.

Then there was the road trip of 2009 when we kayaked from Invermere-on-the-Lake through the Columbia River Wetlands to Radium BC. Breathtaking! White Swan Provincial Park was also amazing... it was my first time going in natural hot springs, so pristine to be among the rocks and not at an artificial pool! They were at the end of a terrifying single lane gravel mountain road with cliff face on one side and deep canyon on the other. Whatever types of active, grand adventures we attempt, we often top off the trip with a luxurious, cozy hotel room and fabulous food and wine. Tina is a friend that I can be crazy with, but she is also a sister in Christ, whom I know I can always trust! I can't wait for our next fascinating experience!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, you are so sweeeeet my dear friend and sis in Christ, Bon! : ) Yeah, we sure do know how to enjoy life when we get together...adventures, laughs, good convo's, "de-lish" food and fine vino's are always key ingredients for sure!!

How cool to have one of your blogs dedicated to our precious friendship that I value as one of the treasures in my life - it's gold! AND, very cool that you've created this "Bon Bon's Bistro"...I hope some of your AWESOME recipe's are to find themselves on here....one of your giftings for sure (one I love to benfit from ; )).

Stoked for our next life-adventure!
Love, T.!

Unknown said...

oops..looks like you've had the blog for a while! :)