Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 4 - Something I'd Like To Do Again




I had the BEST time in Europe. I would definitely like to return. I could imagine spending a few more days in Paris, walking, walking, seeing the sights that I missed and returning to my favourites. I would go to Notre Dame this time, and see the parts of the Louvre I had no time to visit. I would return to lovely Versailles to see Marie Antoinette's private quarters and just walk in the gardens again.

I would get off the train to wander the countryside near Mt. St. Victoire, which Cezanne painted about 60 times. I remember seeing it through the window, and wanting to stop and stay! I would return to the Cinque Terre in Italy and spend more time walking & boating between all 5 lovely towns, feasting on the local fare! I would return to Florence, and see the things I that I missed, like a tour of the interior of the Duomo and to view the Boticellis in the Uffizi Gallery, walk through the Ponte Vecchio, and buy some leather handbags in the market.

I would love to return to Rimini and soak up the sun on the beach!
LORD, I LOVE ITALY!! xoxoxox

2 comments:

Lollie said...

Oh I want to come too!!! PLEASE!!

Bonnie said...

I think Tuscany would also be a wonderful place to wander when you're older, too. Rent a little convertible and drive the meandering roads, village to vineyard, sleeping in monastaries and fortresses, and feasting on fresh pasta and veggies. Let's start saving for a trip now, Lauralee!! :)