Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 1 - Something I Like




I like Skiing, A LOT! I would like to go every weekend. I grew up in the mountains and used to ski 3 times a year with my school or family... but I have always wanted to do it more often. Then I moved to Edmonton, our nearest mountain is a 4 hour drive away. Life gets in the way, it's hard to follow your passions.

Last weekend I went on a road trip to Banff with my lovely snow boarding friend Simone, it was a wonderful girls' trip!! I became myself again, for 2 1/2 days. It was divine, much needed, therapeutic. On Friday evening we drove 3 1/2 hours to Calgary & chatted all the way. We met up with Miss T & Simone's sis and went to the Blues Can to enjoy some live music from Chicago. On Saturday we toodled our way through Canmore & Banff and then swam in the pool at the Banff Springs Hotel where we were staying. On Sunday morning we had breakfast room service and then we skiied @ Sunshine Village. We have had a tonne of snow this winter, so there was some fabulous powder. We started with Standish Mountain on the Strawberry Express, but the runs were too short and easy. My favourite run for the day was #27 World Cup Downhill, on Lookout Mountain using the Angel Express. Now if I could only ski more often I would love to spend the day on Goat's Eye! My next ski trip will be with Chris @ Lake Louise in March!!!

1 comment:

Lollie said...

So glad you're blogging!!
I would love to go skiing again! It's been so long!