Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 17 - Someone That Recently Made a Difference in My Life.

This person WAS an awesome friend & a important part of my support network... and then I realized that every gift, talent & project I was undertaking was being copied by her. She tried to outdo me. She thought that she surpassed me. The irony is that I am in competition with no one; in fact, we are all on our own journey. I like to be original. When I saw my creativity being mimicked, I lost all interest in the projects, one by one. I observed her metamorphosis progressing. She went from a fiercely loyal confidante to a pretentious, selfish individual and began treating me with contempt & superiority. It was laughable because I had basically created the monster. I threw my hands up and walked away from the relationship. I mourned the expired lost friendship for a time, but I am grateful that I have since shaken the dust from my feet and moved on!

No comments: