Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 27 - A Photo of Myself with a Member of My Family

This is a photo of Bianca & I. We were in Montreal in October 2009, so she would be about 17 months old when it was taken.
I remember that it was my first time ever being in Montreal / Quebec, and I was SO Excited!! I woke up in the morning, and looked out of the Fairmont Hotel window at the city for my first time. I was so impressed to see a park below me, attractive urban features, and in the distance, through the fog, rose a small mountain in the middle of the city!! I really had no idea that Mont Royal would be INSIDE the city! At once I promised myself that we would walk there! So after breakfast Sydney, Bianca & I meandered our way through the downtown, through malls, past art exhibits and up the hill through the GORGEOUS McGill University Campus. We stopped to watch a First Nations Rain Dance at a Pow Wow, and continued up past the Hogwarts-looking Royal Victoria Hospital. We enjoyed the paved forest trail where the maple leaves were just beginning to turn golden. It was a a wonderful adventure!

No comments: